Saturday, December 26, 2009

Hair and makeup trouble?

Okay, well, in the morning, I usually curl my hair or style it in a really cute way, and I usually wear CoverGirl eyeshadow with eyeliner, but by third period, my hair usually goes all funny and my eyeliner is always worn off along with my eyeshadow! Any tips on how to keep it in tact?Hair and makeup trouble?
You definitely need to use a bodifying or volumizing hairspray, shampoo, and conditioner. Throughout the day, everyone's hair style goes a little flat. I would carry a bottle around with me to restyle between classes. Remember, usually, you get what you pay for, so try Paul Mitchell. For your eyeshadow and eyeliner, I had the same problem. You probably have oily lids, like me. I use L'Oreal Decrease, which you apply to your whole eyelid before applying eyemakeup and it definitely helps keep your shadow from creasing and getting junky during the day. You can buy that from your local drugstore or wal-mart, or if you shop at Ulta or Sephora, you can try Urban Decay Primer Potion, or Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Both are around $16US, and are wonderful. They honestly are a lifesaver.Hair and makeup trouble?
For your hair, be sure that the products you are using are not weighing down your hair. If you have dryer hair, and use moisturizing products, they may actually be too heavy. Opt for something lightweight. I also find that shampooing twice - once with a more cleansing shampoo and then again with a moisturizing shampoo - adds nice volume, and then conditioning with a moisturizing one. Curling your hair though will keep its hold a lot better on dirty hair, meaning on a day when you haven't shampooed your hair. Look for heat protectants with hold in them, or once you curl your hair, spray it with a good hairspray.





As for eyeliner and eyeshadow, I would suggest investing in a good shadow primer - you can try either Urban Decay or Too Faced for these. If your eyelids aren't that oily, try simple concealer. Also using a good brush to apply the shadow will help to compact the shadow on better, resulting in nicer colour pay off as well as better blending.
Ugh, that happens to me a lot too! Before I go to school, I always check that my hairstyle has 'staying power' by spraying it with a hairspray that blocks out humidity-like Tresemme Tres Two hairspray. Humidity can affect your hairstyle even when it's not cloudy out!


For makeup, use a primer before you apply liner and mascara. It will help it stay and last longer. Primers are usually sold at Sephora and Ulta-not drugstores-and it's usually a bit pricey.


Or, try a waterproof mascara/liner-that can help too!

No comments:

Post a Comment