Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hollywood Themed Party (hair and makeup)?

My sister is having a Hollywood themed birthday bash! We plan on having a red carpet, papparazzi and the whole works. I bought an ivory dress for this event, and I'm wondering what kind of hair and make-up would look nice with it. The ivory dress is simple, and elegant. It is a halter top, ties at my waist, tight from the top, and flowy from my waist on, it is about knee length. My accessories are leopard print wedges (heels), a leopard print clutch, and brown and gold toned earrings.





I am a hispanic, medium brown-toned chick. Honey colored eyes. Light brown hair, and ash highlights. I'm looking for a classic, marilyn monroe-y look. Any suggestions?





Thanks.Hollywood Themed Party (hair and makeup)?
When I go for the Marilyn look (fresh-faced 50s), I apply foundation (don't go to pale, unless you blend well down the neck and chest), and a soft pink blush on the cheekbones (MAC Dame). For the eyes, I use a soft champagne shade, with a slightly deeper brown in the crease (MAC Brule/Omega). You can use liquid liner, but I actually get good results with a medium brown pencil liner. Start thin at the inner corner of the eye, gradually thickening the line and winging it slightly up and out at the edge. Lightly line underneath the eye, meeting that winged edge. Add a couple of coats of mascara and if you are brave, try out a set of false lashes. For the eyebrow, I use a pencil and with light, short strokes, fill in the brow and enhance the arch.





For the mouth, I line with a deep red lip liner (MAC Brick) and fill with a creamy red lipstick. I also like to use a deep burgundy-red shade of lip lacquer by MAC--Fanplastico. Revlon still makes several of its mid-50s shades--I think Certainly Red would be a good drugstore choice. Don't forget the beauty mark!





I brought this pic into the MAC counter one day last year, and left looking just like Marilyn (they used the colors I mentioned above). The effect was so uncanny that when I walked into a restaurant later on, a number of people came up to me to tell me so!





Try it, it will be good..Hollywood Themed Party (hair and makeup)?
Beige or shimmery cream eyeshadow





Brown, not black, liquid liner on top lashes only





Lots of black mascara on top lashes only





Red lipstick
That sounds really fun.


Maybe try curling your hair like Christina Aguilara-I hope I spelled her name right


Gold eyeliner would look really good but it's not that Marilyn Monroey.


Maybe some green eyeshadow or gold


Sorry this isn't really classicalish.


Have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment